Thursday, January 22, 2009

Alas Oscar, I barely know thee....

Well, Oscar time is fast approaching, the noms making themselves known today... and as seems to be the case in recent years, I find myself thinking- Yes, of course that one, or Wow, they got nominated - when in true actuality, I have seen almost none of the movies and/or performances nominated in the major categories.

I have seen The Dark Knight, for which Heath Ledger received a nod for best supporting actor. That's it. That's the extent of the value of my opinion of this year's noms.

Point of reference: My 5 year old nephew has seen three nominated pictures. Okay, they're Wall-E, Kung Fu Panda, and Bolt- each nominated for animated feature- but still.

I hope to get to the movies this weekend. And apparently every weekend until Oscar night- lest I watch another Academy Awards show under false pretense, and they take away my movie watching privileges for good. And they'll do it.

No comments: