Friday, June 12, 2009

Swimming in the rain...

As the official beginning of summer approaches, let me put down my umbrella for sec and say something.

I don't want to hear a damn thing about drought conditions this summer. It seems like almost every year, as summer descends upon us, articles and news reports start popping up about how we have a rain deficit- or that we are heading for drought warnings and need to conserve water. Hey I am all for conservation- but don't say the word drought to me. Those of us that have been practically swimming (see also: hyperbole) to work and around the city the past month don't appreciate or believe it. And yes, I am speaking for everyone.

That's all. Pull on your rain boots and slickers and go back to what you were doing (perhaps it was building an ark?).

No comments: