Monday, June 22, 2009

Tag! You are...?

Just about a year ago, I wrote in this blog how I had joined the throng and signed up on Facebook. Well after the all-encompassing preoccupation and obsession died down it has become a fun thing to check here and there, and a great way to reconnect with all the people I always wanted to... and some I forgot I knew. But that's not the point here...

People post pictures on facebook, and there's a feature where you can "tag" people in the photos- meaning you zero in on their face say this is this person, this is that person, and so on. So when you are flipping trough your friends photos, you can roll over people with your mouse and, if they have been tagged, it pops up their name. Nifty.

Well, I realize that now when I am on some other website, i.e. not facebook, and looking at photos I sometimes will roll over a person in the picture hoping to find out who they are... but alas, the NY Times and CNN and the like don't tag people in their photos. Yes sometimes there are captions, but they don't always tell the whole story- Who's that guy behind Obama.. not quite in focus, but he looks so darn familiar, I know he's somebody...? If he was tagged, we'd know.

I like the tag. That's all I'm saying.

No comments: