Sunday, March 1, 2009

Mama, don't let your babies... into a movie theatre!

Went to see "Coraline" last night- the new Tim Burton-esque animated feature- in 3D no less. Being as it was animated, there were quite a few children in the audience- although for a movie that was pretty slow moving, the kids in the theatre were for the most part very well behaved.

Halfway through the movie though, a small baby could be heard crying. To which the kid sitting next to me, who had been audibly enjoying the movie and its 3D effects, replies, "Who brings a baby to the movies?" Which made me chuckle a little. And it begs the question: If a nine or ten year old kid knows full well that it's foolish to bring a baby to a movie theatre, how does an grown adult not know this? At least this was a movie geared toward kids, but still.

Rule of thumb: If the kid can't walk into the theatre on his or her own, then they don't belong in the movie theatre. I know this. The ten year old kid next me knows this. I gotta think on some level, even the crying baby knows this. I'm too young to be here, it's dark and loud and smells like butter, waaaaaaah!!

I'm just saying. Come on, people.